Monday, August 17, 2009
SLOW COOKER SUNDAY
I love my slow cooker but my favorite day to use it is on Sunday. I get up in the morning, put the ingredients in and then have the rest of the day to do housework or run errands while supper is cooking.
Last night I made a Beef Stroganoff. I served it over hot buttered egg noodles with a side green salad. Lots of leftovers too!
* 1 1/2 pounds cubed stewing beef
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 package of sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 tablespoon dried chives
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 cube beef bouillon
* 1/2 cup red wine
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream or 1 8oz package of cream cheese and 8oz of sour cream
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place the beef in the bottom of a slow cooker, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place onion on top of beef, and then add mushroom soup, mushrooms, and water. Season with chives, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and bouillon.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the wine with the flour. Pour over the beef.
3. Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the sour cream and parsley, and continue cooking for 1 hour.