Sunday, March 29, 2009
SUNDAY SUPPER - CRANBERRY CHICKEN BAKE
In my on going quest to eat healthier more often I decided to finally make a recipe out of a cook book I bought myself back in January when my nutritionist recommended it. The cook book is called, Simply Great Food.
Tonight I made Cranberry Chicken Bake. It was tasty, and quick and easy to make. I will make it again. Definitely a good way to use up roast turkey or chicken leftovers. Today I had picked up a deli roasted chicken, and used some of that.
*Preheat oven to 350°F
*8-inch (2L) square baking pan, lightly greased.
1 package (4oz/125g) stuffing mix
Vegetable cooking spray
1 onion chopped
1 ½ cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste.
1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions and spread on bottom on prepared pan.
2. Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Spray with vegetable cooking spray. Saute onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine sauteed onion, eggs, chicken, ricotta, and salt and pepper. Spread over stuffing.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until egg mixture is firm and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. While still hot, stir cranberry sauce and spread over top. Serve hot of cold. Makes 6 servings.
Posted by Angie in T.O. at 5:25 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
It's very colourful :)
that stuff was so damn good... take this from a guy who don't like a lot of weird and fancy food
Post a Comment